Where can I get the uniform?
The U.S. scouting movement began in 1910 and wearing uniforms has been a part of Scouting since day one. Uniforming has been shown over the years to have many benefits including equality, identification, commitment, and achievement. What’s more, the boys have fun wearing the uniforms, especially in the younger levels.
All uniform items are available at the Scout Shop. The Anaheim Scout Shop is located at 1501 N. Raymond, between Orangethorpe and the 91Fwy on the west side of the street. The staff is extremely helpful and will be happy to point you in the right direction if you have any questions. Uniform items and other BSA merchandise can also be purchased online at http://www.scoutstuff.org .
Tiger Cubs, Wolf Cub Scouts, and Bear Cub Scouts all wear the traditional blue Cub Scout uniform, while Webelos wear a tan/olive uniform similar to the one Boy Scouts wear.
The Field or Class-A Uniform consists of:
· Shirt (Blue for Cub Scouts, tan for Webelos) with insignia:
o US Flag
o Scouting World Crest
o Orange County Council shoulder patch with the Founders Unit Gold trim
o The pack numerals 1238 (Numerals are available individually from the scout shop, or as a single patch available from the pack. Numerals should placed directly below and touching the Council shoulder patch.)
The Scout Shop has shirts available bare or with some patches already attached and they offer a stitching service for a nominal fee. If you plan to attach the patches on your own please follow the guidelines for placement that can be found in the Cub Scout handbook or online at http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34282.pdf &http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34635.pdf.
· Cap: Orange for Tiger, Yellow for Wolf, Blue for Bear and Plaid for Webelos
· Blue web belt w/ correct buckle: Tiger, Cub Scout, or Webelos
· Pants or shorts: Webelos should wear the Official Scout olive pants/short, Tiger, Wolf, and Bear Cub Scouts should wear blue pants/shorts (May be official uniform pants/shorts or dark blue jeans/slacks/shorts – no cutoffs)
· Neckerchief: Orange for Tiger, Yellow for Wolf, Blue for Bear and Plaid for Webelos
· Neckerchief slide: Official Tiger, Wolf, Bear, or Webelos slide or handmade slides are acceptable.
· Socks: Blue with Orange for Tiger, Blue with Yellow for Wolf & Bear and Olive with Red for Webelos
The pack also has an Activity or Class-B Uniform. This consists of the Pack T-shirt along with the appropriate Cap, Pants/shorts, and socks. Each boy will need a Pack T-shirt. Pack T-shirts are $13 each and are available for anyone who is interested, youth and family members alike. Tiger Cub Adult Partners don't have to wear a uniform, however it is suggested that they wear a Pack T-shirt for den meetings. There is also a Tiger Cubs hat available for the Adult Partners.