Training and Leading
Training and Leading
Parents are the lifeblood of our pack.
It is very easy to become a Trained Leader in our pack. ALL the required training can be taken online - so you can take the training at your own pace.
Required Adult Training
(Required of all Pack 1238 adult members)
- Go to myscouting.org
- and create an account.
- Take the following course at myscouting.org...
- Youth Protection Training (YPT) - After this is completed, be sure to print the Youth Protection Training Certificate and submit to the Pack Trainer. Adults are highly encouraged to save their certificates as PDF files for future reference.
- Submit your YPT completion certificate to the Pack Trainer or Committee Chair.
How adults can help
- Volunteer to help with small defined tasks.
- Ask your Den Leader if they need help.
- Ask the Cubmaster or Committee Chair about the needs of the Pack.
- Remain positive and look for ways to improve the program - turn problems into solutions. We are not perfect and we will never will be perfect. So don't expect perfect, expect honest effort.
- Follow the advice we give the boys... Do your best. If that includes getting trained then you need to get trained.
- Encourage other parents to help. Work as a team with projects that need attention.
Considering a Leadership Role?
- Talk to a current leader about your willingness to help. Discuss which role would best fit your talents and comfort level.
- Decide whether you are able and willing to take a leadership role...and if you do, thank you!
- Complete position specific training (scroll down).
- Complete Pack-Specific training related to this website (scroll further down).
Position Specific Training
- In addition to the YPT training that is required of all adult members, take the following 3 online courses at myscouting.org
- This is Scouting (all positions)
- Fast Start (all positions)
- In the E-Learning section, look for your leader position-specific course: Tiger Cub, Wolf Cub, or Bear Cub den leaders, Webelos den leaders (must take online course + IOLS), Cubmaster, Pack Trainer, Pack Committee
- Inform the Pack Trainer or Committee Chair of your completed courses.
Pack Specific Training
- Click Here to go to the Pack Specific Training, which outlines how to use this website.
- Airtable: Organize anything you can imagine
Supplemental E-Learning Opportunities
. A login is required, but anyone may create a user account and view the courses. Registered members of the BSA may provide their member numbers (as part of the user profile) to receive credit.
- Physical Wellness
- Safe Swim Defense
- Safety Afloat
- Weather Hazards
- Climb On Safely
- Trek Safely