Sports - Golf
Golf Loop and Pin
Tiger, Wolfs, Bears and Webelos Scouts may complete these requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment.
Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Golf Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of golf to your leader or adult partner. Explain the need for caution concerning golf clubs and golf balls.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing golfing skills.
- Participate in a round of golf (nine holes).
Requirements for the Golf Pin
Earn the Golf belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Explain the use of woods and irons. Explain their differences.
- Explain how par is determined for a hole.
- Demonstrate the proper grip of the club to your leader, adult partner, or instructor.
- Spend 30 minutes practicing the swing styles: full swing, approach swing, and putting swing.
- Spend 30 minutes practicing aim, stance, and the address position.
- Draw a diagram of a typical golf hole, from tee to green.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of golf equipment clubs, ball, tee, bag, shoes, and gloves.
- Describe the composition of a regulation golf ball.
- Take golf lessons.
- Spend 30 minutes hitting balls on a driving range.
- Play miniature golf.
Golf Online Resources
Steps to Follow:
- Download and Print Worksheet at bottom of page
- Scout completes Worksheet
- Turn completed Worksheet into your Den Leader
- Den Leader may have questions for your Scout
- Den Leader will enter completion date into Tracking Software
- Scout will be awarded Loop a/o Pin at the next Pack Meeting
- Limit of Two Loops and Two Pins per Month