Sports - Basketball
Basketball Loop and Pin
Tiger, Wolfs, Bears and Webelos Scouts may complete these requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment.
Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Basketball Belt Loop
- Explain the rules of basketball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing basketball skills.
- Participate in a basketball game.
Requirements for the Basketball Pin
Earn the Basketball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community basketball tournament.
- Demonstrate effective passing using the chest pass, bounce pass, over-the-head pass, and baseball pass.
- Successfully demonstrate the set shot and jump shot shooting styles.
- Demonstrate skill in the following dribbling techniques: high dribble, low dribble, turnable dribble, change-of-pace dribble, and combination dribble.
- Spend at least 30 minutes on three different occasions developing individual defensive skills.
- Explain and demonstrate 10 official basketball signals.
- Play three shot-improving games with a member of your den or team.
- Play five games of basketball.
- Participate in a basketball clinic.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional basketball game.
Basketball Online Resources
- NBA.com - National Basketball Association
Steps to Follow:
- Download and Print Worksheet at bottom of page
- Scout completes Worksheet
- Turn completed Worksheet into your Den Leader
- Den Leader may have questions for your Scout
- Den Leader will enter completion date into Tracking Software
- Scout will be awarded Loop a/o Pin at the next Pack Meeting
- Limit of Two Loops and Two Pins per Month