Academics - Good Manners
Good Manners Loop and Pin
Tiger, Wolfs, Bears and Webelos Scouts may complete these requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment.
Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Good Manners Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Make a poster that lists five good manners that you want to practice. Share your poster with your den or family.
- Introduce two people correctly and politely. Be sure that one of them is an adult.
- Write a thank-you note to someone who has given you something or done something nice for you.
Requirements for the Good Manners Pin
Earn the Good Manners belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Meet one new person, shake hands properly, and introduce yourself. Extend your hand, grip the person’s hand firmly, and gently shake hands.
- Talk with your family about polite language. Include "please," "you’re welcome," "excuse me," "yes sir," "no ma’am," and so on in your talk.
- Explain to your den or family how good manners can help you now and as you get older. Copy the actions of someone you know who has good manners.
- Go over table manners with your family. Eat a meal together where the table is set correctly and everyone uses good table manners.
- With an adult, discuss what foods are proper to eat with your fingers. Practice eating some of these foods the right way.
- In your den or with your family, practice using good phone manners.
- Explain how treating things that belong to other people with respect is a part of having good manners. Show three examples of how you can show respect for others.
- Talk with your friends or family members about following the rules and having good sportsmanship when playing games. Then play a game with your friends or family members. After playing the game, tell how you showed good manners.
- With your family or den, list five rules to remember in being polite and respectful when in a public place. Go to the public place and practice the rules. Explain how the rules helped you to have good manners.
- Demonstrate the proper outfit to wear at school, at play, and at a social event.
Good Manners Online Resources
Steps to Follow:
- Download and Print Worksheet at bottom of page
- Scout completes Worksheet
- Turn completed Worksheet into your Den Leader
- Den Leader may have questions for your Scout
- Den Leader will enter completion date into Tracking Software
- Scout will be awarded Loop a/o Pin at the next Pack Meeting
- Limit of Two Loops and Two Pins per Month